Pages

Wednesday 13 September 2017

The Materialistic Writer

The Materialistic Writer


Vocabulary
What should be there
Success Criteria
Materialistic
Enormous
Incredible
Essential
Figurative Language
Parts of speech
Articles
To be independent and use a large amount of parts of speech.
-Make sure to use expensive words.

Did you know the average person writes one thousand words each and every day? Quite amazing right? But that's something that doesn’t really comes and goes in my life. The normal route for me is one million, four hundred and eighty four thousand words. Quite ironic right? It only started when I was in eighth grade. I was always attracted to writing and most times I just couldn’t get enough….

“Ok class, I want a full story about global warming and maybe add some animals or just essential things that should be in here ok, search it up anything you want to add, I want near five hundred words or maybe less if it's too much”. These were the words that started my career, or hobby. My best friend and I loved to write, sometimes we even wrote amazing stories that would sometimes lead to an unexpected adventure, but of course they always had to end. I had written a five page story with nearly two million words, sadly after that I got a fail for ‘Too many words’. That same month though, something I never thought would happen, came into reality, as well as the day of the fire...

4 Months Before….

It was a bright night with the moon shining inquisitively, the owls resting into their snuggly beds waiting to hunt their preys that would pounder out under the night's sky. It was chilly outside as if it was starting to turn into winter, but being in the middle of summer, I think that would be quite impossible. Turning the kettle on ready to make a hot cup of milo brought back old memories of being at my grandmother's house. She would flick the kettle on and rush back to make sure it was three sugars instead of one. It was a heck of a laugh as my mother always made sure no sugar was within eye-reach of any of us. But luckily, grandma always had a trick up her sleeve. Instantly I had a great thought. Seemingly, it was a dark Saturday night, everything was quiet and nobody really had anything to do. So I popped some bright red boots on to go with my bright yellow hat, and pondered out the door to visit someone I haven't seen in what felt like forever.

“Hey GRANDMA”! I screamed after knocking on the door. “Oh god, Chastity what are you doing here”, she tried to say as quietly as my grandma could”. “Thank God, you're safe”. I instantly notice that my grandma has been crying, she just rushes in for a hug but I shuttle away in curiosity. “What's wrong grandma, why have you been crying?”, it breaks me to see her like this, but a million things are going through my head about what might have happened. “Your family, siblings, parents,”, she pauses for nearly ten minutes, but I just give her, her time. “I just got the call…. Chasity, they have just died in a fire back at the house”....

My life flashes before my eyes. My two little sisters and little brother, my mum and dad, my dog, they are all dead. The words are repeating over and over again in my head but I can’t make it stop. But I have to stand strong, and make my family proud.

2 Years later…..

Being the boss of the biggest Newspaper Company in the world is not easy you know. Well that's half a lie. ‘Real’, that is the name of my company I made. I made it to write stories and news that it one hundred percent true and not a single lie shall be included. But sometimes, it takes me back to two years ago.

My whole
Right now my life is going good and I don't think I would go back in time to get anything back. My family's death has pushed me in life and I will make them proud once again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment