Pages

Friday 15 September 2017

Narrative Hurricane

Narrative Hurricane
See
Hear
Taste
Feel
Smell
Swirly Winds
Scream
Rain
Cold
Gas
Lighting
Wind

Slashes of rain
Damp


Success Criteria
  • Use figurative language
  • Use expensive words
  • Make sure there is a problem

As the wind got stronger and the screams got louder I could feel all the hairs on my body stand like a cat dropped into water. I didn’t think it was this bad but I could see houses rolling down the street and children trying to run inside. My mother and I were the only ones home, but with faith, we hoped our family members were safe through this traumatic experience.


It was impossible to think that yesterday there was only little droplets of rain and kids splashing around in the water, to the streets being empty and power resources cut off throughout the city. I could barely imagine what the kids, parents and what the hospital were doing to keep everyone safe.


As we lounged around inside we were clueless of what we could do. We owned a shop, but I don’t think anyone would come out in this weather to get a packet of chips. But I was wrong. Nearly twenty people walked up to our shop but we dear not open the doors. Sadly, in a split second they are whipped off their feet going along with the flood. I heard my mother screech in fear, but we are useless. Then I thought of an idea.


Working for a straight hour, I am hopeful that the solution I am making will work. I saw my mother pop through the door, but I guess I just felt like being alone to concentrate more.


As I dragged the creation out the door I realised I looked stupid as everything was falling apart and it made an awful sound when  I tried to turn it on. My mother smiled at me but I could see all the pain in her eyes. “What was it going to be Karly”? I could see that she honestly wanted to know but I felt to embarrassed and saw my face go red through the window


I scanned the house shortly after to see if there was anything to do. I didn’t even bother trying to turn the tv on as I already knew that the power was cut. My mother tried opening the door but gashing winds flew through the door and pounds of water even managed to get inside. The swell of dampness wept throughout the shop,it even smells like expired food.


As I stared out into the distance it was starting to get dark but there was this awful smell of gas. I couldn’t really see the moon, the stars barely even saw where the clouds were going. But the wind was somehow soothing.


But this part of the storm really hit us. Water crashed inside the house while the screeching wind cracked the windows. I saw my mother run for the garage where the jet skies were but it was jammed with the water. I zoomed upstairs but my mother sadly lacked behind, and in seconds she was gone.


I was totally alone but I was safe. Then I heard the jet skies running an the door crash open. “Karly, quickly, jump on”, screamed mum. I careful sprinted down the stairs and jumped on the jet ski connected to my mother's one. I was ready.


We were careful as we saw cranes collapsing but we stood tall and soon 1 full minute here, was actually 3 full hours.

The hurricane was over. Houses were busted, constructions were laying around crashed, and dead bodies lay still across the pavements. I wasn't going to risk losing my mother so we soon drove around and searched for help and soon, we were in the arms of soldiers leading us to rooms...

0 comments:

Post a Comment