Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Day 1

Summer Learning Journey
12|18|2017


Activity 1


Post three facts you have learnt about Maui
~ He can talk to ancestors
~He was declared as the best fisherman
~ Maui was a very wise and smart person.
The other stories that I have heard about Maui is that he was rude, disrespectful and cooky, but this story changed my mood with it all.


Activity 2
Kia Ora Old friend, it has come to my attention that you love to discover different things about Waka. And funny story is, I’m onboard a waka right now! I am moving to a different area and I can tell you right now it is very scary being on a boat with no roof. Because I feel as if I could fall out any second.
Oh well mate, it's time for me to depart but I will depart back to you soon.

Bonus Activity

Waka Ama does indeed seem like an interesting sport. However I would personally not join in with that. 1. Mainly because I’m afraid of boats and being on water. 2nd I cannot keep my arms up for that long. Yes, I know it sounds a bit silly but I would have to train my arms and, I’m a very lazy person, so that doesn't really work out.

5 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Moana

This is outstanding. I love how you included that he can talk to ancestors. Keep up the great work :)

Unknown said...

Hey Moana
It's great to see take part in the summer learning journey.. It has so many ideas... How did you find doing the activities and why?? Can't wait for more!!

Unknown said...

Hey moana I wanted to say I love your work you have done outstanding work it's amazing I really like it. I hope to see more beautiful blogs of your's talk to you in the future . yours truly stars

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Moana I truly love how you written this task it is very mysterious and entertaining at the same time. Do you think what Maui did in the story was important and why?

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Moana,

My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey. I'm really looking forward to reading what you have to say on your blog :)

What a great start! Well done! Those are 3 good facts about Maui. I wonder what story made you think he was disrespectful. Can you think of the name of those stories? I would love to read them to see what I think!

Good work with your letter. I like how you talked about being worried that you might fall out. I would be worried about that too! Could you tell me some more about what you are looking forward to about landing in New Zealand?

I have to agree with you about the Waka Ama racing! It does seem like it would be fun but I don't think I could be in a race. Are there any other sports that you play or would prefer to do?

I look forward to reading more of your blog.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment