Pages

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Recount

WALHT: Write a recount

Success Criteria
- I will use time connectives.
- I will use show not tell.
- I will use show not tell in my writing to make it more interesting.


Moana 9/5/2017

Our Family Reunion

On the 9th of April most of my school's year seven and eight girls and boys were getting the chance to be going on a trip to the AUT Millennium Company. Surprisingly  I could not go but I did lots of exciting things at home that also included going  out.

This is about the Pomare reunion. There's lots of Pomares and around this time of the year, we all meet up to see each other before everyone starts going back to Australia or America. In our family there is nearly two thousand parents, adults and kids. The reunions started two years ago when my family  started missing each other, especially the people overseas, or in other countries.

On Monday morning, I rushed out of bed as my family and I were going out south to see my other side of the  family. As I got myself ready with some formal clothes, I put all my accessories on and slid on my shoes which really made the outfit pop.  I made sure that my outfit was comfy enough to run around with my little cousins and to eat lots of food yet not look or feel bloated.

As we all jumped into the car awaiting to get to the destination, we all sang terrible songs, still listening to them, while driving through the motorway. While we were on the motorway, there was a crash, which was quite funny but I tried so hard not to laugh. It was a drunk lady that had driven right into the curb, and then tried to blame it on the police officer. My mum and I looked with curiosity but took no notice of it and kept singing.

Arriving at the destination, the sight was really amazing. There were lots of palm trees and flowers waiting to bloom. The first thing we had to do however was to find a suitable place to sit and wait for the rest of the family.

As soon as my family arrived, I ran up to them and gave everyone a big  hug. There was lots of  joy that filled up the air and everyone was talking non stop. When I had finally found all my little cousins, we all played games so they wouldn’t start crying. We played tag but, in a point of the game I did lose a kid but later on found out they were just in the toilet playing with the toilet paper. Just like most kids, they do have a short attention span.
An hour later we all decided to enter the hall. The first thing we did was find our seats. As the hall filled up with chattering and people laughing, I looked around and smiled lit up on my face, because we haven't had a reunion in almost forever.

When we were called to have lunch everyone sped to the front to be first with the mussels. I didn’t like mussels so I just grabbed a few pieces of chicken and a salad, while walking back to my designated seat. Lunch was delicious but we had soon moved on the the best part of all. THE CAKE!

Why was the best part the cake you ask? The cake had a photo of us on it and the most delicious butter cake frosting you would ever taste in your life. As I walked up to the front to grab a piece, I saw that we were getting large portions of it. I rushed up and the flavors in my mouth were like fireworks. It tasted like butter and sugar which was the best combination of all time.

Hours passed and we had realised that is was now time to leave. As I walked around and gave my family a hug, I jumped in the car and we slowly crept down the driveway on our way home.

Overall I had a good day with my family, communicating and eating lots of cake. The best part though, was seeing my family smile and laughing glad to be together before everyone left back to where they came from.




0 comments:

Post a Comment