Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

The Lyre Bird

BIRDS
While it was wandering around my backyard, I was researching the type of bird it might be. Kookaburra, No. Hummingbird, No. After hours of searching I finally found the information I needed and scanned through this mystery birds  information.“The Lyre Bird”. The lyrebird is one of two species of ground-dwelling Australian birds. They are most notable for their superb ability to mimic natural and artificial sounds from their environment”. As I finished reading the last paragraph I flung up my camera and dashed outside to get a good view and of course some pictures.


Seconds after I came outside, it was strolling through the grass. As I stared into its dark crystal green eyes and fluffy fur, I felt special on what I saw. The Lyre Bird just made me speechless. Its massive wings were very entertaining to look at also, as they were pretty colourful. But the best thing about this fascinating bird was its beautiful singing ability. A lyre bird must have very big lungs because it’s singing was just alluring and very loud, every note it hit brought me joy. As I took the last shot I was so pleased, so I picked up my bags and started walking back to my place wondering what I could do with these photos.


I looked at the Lyrebird and waved good bye.  It was very hard to leave as the Lyrebird just watched me walk away. Suddenly I change my mind. So I ran back, put down my bags and spent the whole day there so I could listen to this marvellous creature with all the different sounds it makes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment