Pages

Monday 4 December 2017

Selwyn College

On the 30th of November myself and four other peers were off of school for the day and spent it at Selwyn College . Our transportation systems were up to us but when we arrived I was more than excited and relived that I had actually made it this far.

When we arrived we were already led straight through to the theater awaiting other students as well as the teachers. But probably after about one thousand minutes everyone had finally arrived and we got into it. We were all welcomed warmly which a few speeches from the principal as well as some of the other teachers. We had ambassadors that helped us along the way. After everyone said what they had to say we were then led off in groups of 25-26 and sent straight through to different classroom.

When we were all in the classrooms everyone was then seated with a paper and a test in front of them. The first test we did was not really a test, it was a pamphlet which we had to fill out about how we feel and other things like that. Then after 5 minutes we were then about to start our English test.

The English test lasted 20 minutes, and its not like when your in primary when your teacher gives you maybe 5 extra minutes, because the school bell had rang and that signaled all the teachers to collect the sheets of paper. But then my worst subject was next. Mathematics.

For math we were actually given 40 minutes to do this. It was very difficult not only because I was scared the time was going to run out, but also because I didn't know a single thing that was on the test. Well, not everything.

Finally we reached lunchtime. (My favorite place regardless where I am.) Lunchtime was short coming from us who has hour lunchtimes. But it was also exciting because after that we would be sitting through a two hour play.


Finishing up lunchtime everyone was then sent off to to the hall to wait for the play but once it started it was very exciting. All the singing , lights and their great acting was so good and made me like selwyn even more.

I am very excited to be going to selwyn next year from the experience I had and the fun as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment